Thank you for your interest in a nursing internship with Metroplex Health System.
Each year we offer opportunities in the Spring and Summer. Please check our job openings page and keyword search "internship" for current internship openings. Nursing internships are available to Graduate Nurses or Nurses looking for a change.
The Nursing Internship Program is a 12 week program, focusing on your chosen area of clinical specialty. Our program addresses all three areas of adult learning to ensure your successful transition as a clinically competent Registered Nurse:
- Cognitive: knowledge, development of critical thinking
- Psychomotor: skills such as IVs, blood draws, etc – focusing on your specialty area
- Affective: supporting your successful integration into our Metroplex family
Learning opportunities include:
- Scheduled didactic instruction
- Extended clinical orientation with highly engaged preceptors committed to your success
- Multiple skills labs
- Opportunities to observe in other clinical areas that impact your chosen specialty
- ACLS and PALS certification, depending on specialty
We currently are accepting internship applications for Acute Care and Maternal Child Care at Metroplex Adventist Hospital and Acute Care at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas.
How to Apply:
Apply Online Now and keyword search "Internship" for current available internships.
If you need assistance with the application or have additional questions, please contact the Education Department at 254.519.8203.